Couples and Relationship Counselling
Couples Counselling is about bringing positive change to a relationship. Relationship is the mental, physical, and emotional way of relating with people. It has to be a mutually nurturing experience.
As a trained counsellor, I am equipped not only to help couples with pre-marital and post-maritial problems but resolve issues in other relationships as well. Here, I provide a platform where two individuals in a relationships can speak freely and jointly design a plan of action suited to the nature of their partnership(eg:- Husband-Wife, Parents-Children, Siblings, etc). I help them view their roles in a new light, encouraging the use of ‘communication and response‘ techniques to resolve issues that have caused disharmony in the past. Armed with new skills and understanding, a couple is better equipped to walk down life’s difficult path together, each more willing to support the other and to strengthen their mutual bond.
I have recently given a talk at “The Institute of Chartered Accounants Of India” on harmonizing relationships with self, spouse and family “HUMTUM“
- Offers a way to view all aspects of the partnership in a 360° panorama.
- Helps bring awareness and acceptance of own and other's strengths and weaknesses.
- Enables a couple to find possible solutions which were otherwise not considered.
- Encourages the two individuals to develop action plans tailored to the specific needs of their relationship.
- Helps identify and address conflicting issues at hand.
- Rebuilds broken connections and perceptions between the partners.
- Re-establishes an environment of trust, respect and intimacy.
- Teaches how to support and guide each other in meeting respective life-goal.