The Society for complementary therapy is a not-for-profit (NGO) for the promotion of complementary and alternative therapies in an integrated and holistic manner. (A Society registered under India’s Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860). This society was formed by me in 2013, (I am also the active President of the society).
The Society is established with the aims and objectives which are as under:
- To promote, educate and spread knowledge about all types of non invasive therapies and medicines such as Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Foot Reflexology, Physiotherapy, Acupressure and Acupuncture Therapies, Yoga or any other kind of non-invasive and non-drug treatment to patients and persons.
- To educate professionals or persons to practice all kinds of non-invasive therapies be it Biofeedback or Neurofeedback process or by Yoga or any other knowledge or process which may be developed in future.
- To carry out, promote, encourage researches and experiments in India and abroad all kinds of non-invasive therapies by financial help, psychological or environmental or emotional participation and dissemination of such knowledge.
- To organize, promote, conduct lectures, seminars, workshops, certification courses and any other kind of conclave for spreading the knowledge about all kinds of non-invasive therapies in India and abroad.
- To undertake, facilitate and provide for the publication of newsletters, research papers, books and journals, develop CDs and any kind of audio or video device for spreading all kinds of non-invasive therapies and Yoga to help people of all castes and religions to maintain good health for the exposition of Art of healthy living and good physical and moral values prevailing in different parts of the world.
- To promote and spread effectiveness of complementary therapy systems and their healing capacity by assisting therapists and practitioners in this field to further develop their knowledge and skills, to hold workshops and seminars, to invite international experts to India and to participate in national and international conferences and to collaborate and work with hospitals to set up Complementary Therapy Departments for the holistic benefit of their patients.
- To undertake, organize and facilitate study courses, conferences, seminars, lectures and research in matters relating to different health patterns of the world;
- To establish and maintain libraries and information services to facilitate the study of good health and spreading information in regard thereto;
- To constitute or cause to be constituted branches or regional centers at convenient places in India and abroad to promote the objects of the Society;
- To co-operate with approved institutions and interested bodies for the purposes of helping the objects of the Society;
- To invite, as and when feasible, professional leaders, scholars, scientists and creative artists, who may or may not be members of the Society, to take advantage of the facilities offered by the Society.
- To offer prizes and to grant scholarships and stipends in furtherance of the objects of the Society.
- To help build up stamina and higher performance abilities of the youth and other persons in the field of sports and games through the application of complementary therapies.
For more information on Society for Complementary Therapies visit them at www.sfct.in