I have spent the last thirty five years as a Counsellor, Therapist and Soft Skills Trainer offering emotional and healing support to people in need.
As a therapist, I specialize in the practice of Clinical Hypnotherapy, Bio guided Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Foot Reflexology, Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), Tibetan Bowl Therapy and Trauma Tapping Technique. As a Counsellor, I conduct Couples counseling, Adult and Parent counseling, Child and Teen Counselling, and Bereavement counselling. , I share my expertise with a number of professionals, NGOs and corporates and other like-minded people. I have served as Director, Counsellor and Trainer in my 21 Years spent at “Sumaitri” (an NGO for the suicidal and depressed) and as Therapist and Counsellor with “CanSupport” (counselling for cancer patients under palliative care and their caregivers in Delhi and NCR).
Additionally, the last thirty-five years have brought about a close association with counselling helplines like “The Samaritans“. I have assisted in the recruitment and training of valued volunteers, enabling them to handle delicate situations by telephone as well as by “face to face” counselling.
I hold regular workshops at a number of institutions for corporates, NGOs and individuals, focusing on soft skills and communication. I have conducted sessions at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, British Council Library, Vimhans Hospital for Mental Health and CanSupport, all in Delhi and at The Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai.
I Offer Certification Courses in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Foot Reflexology in Collaboration with California Hypnosis Institute and All India institute of Acupressure Foot Reflexology respectively.
It has been my privilege to attend and participate in professional seminars across the country and overseas. I have presented papers on my various therapies and counselling practises.
- The International Conference on Book Therapy.
- Bio-musicology National Seminar, Noida.
- International Conference of Music and Mental Health, Bangalore.
- International Seminar Music Therapy, BHU .
- Milton Keynes Hospital London (UK).
I am a life member of the Indian Society of Clinical Hypnosis (Dr Bhaskar Vyas) and Honorary member of International Hypnosis guild (Ulf Standstrom). I hold International Fellowship of Rotarian Musicians (Lee Denlinger). I am also a life member of the Lioness club, Gurgaon.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor in Political Science, University of Delhi.
- Certified Master Hypnotherapist from California Hypnosis Institute U S A .
- Certified Teacher in Clinical Hypnotherapy from California Hypnosis Institute.
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro – Linguistic Programming. From N L P Hypnotherapy Centre India.
- Certified Music Therapist from Nada Centre of Music Therapy Chennai.
- Certified Bio-Guided Music Therapist from Dr. Eric Miller. U S A.
- Certified Foot Reflexologist from All India Institute of Acupressure Foot Reflexology.
- Certified Bio-Guided Music Therapy Course from Expressive Therapy Concepts, Eric Miller U.S.A.